Do you often come across job adverts that look like a chaos of keywords? Have you noticed that the list of required technologies to master might be the longest part of the advertisement and you end up not applying, because of the overwhelming jungle of letter combinations? Don’t worry, let’s keep things simple this time!
We are looking for Quality assurance leads. A strong understanding of what high-quality software consists of and handling some of the most important tools are essential. In addition to this, we’re not too bothered about a multitude of keywords in your CV because we are simply looking for professionals who have a strong background in software quality assurance. However, as important as the relevant background, is that you share our values and feel that our culture is a match for you.
VALA’s culture is more than just inspirational quotes on screensavers and mousepads. VALA’s culture is a combination of actions, attitudes and relationships, with a hint of idealism.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work. Finding meaningful work for our people is our single most important goal.
- You and your wellbeing is our number one priority, even before our customers.
- An emphatic, flat hierarchy and transparent organizational culture to thrive in.
- Opportunity to participate in the development of the company.
- An excellent environment for professional development, e.g. annual personal education budget and mentoring.
- Professional communities where we share our experiences and learn together on topics of interest, such as new TA tool experiences.
- Lunch, phone and wellbeing benefits. We offer a 500€ annual wellbeing budget and you can choose where to use it (e.g. sports, culture, wellbeing or commuting).
- Possibility to participate in future engagement programs.
- Possibility to book a remote week in our office in Southern Spain.
- Possibility for at-home child care for a sick child.
- On your behalf, we compensate your annual carbon footprint based on calculations of an average person living in Finland.
There are some attributes that we hope you to have:
- You value the same principles as us: empathy and sustainability, wellbeing at the center, a self-directed way of working and a life-long learning mentality.
- A good understanding on creating a suitable test strategy to fulfil the customer goals.
- When helping our customers, you don’t merely think about technical solutions, but also consider the aspect of enhancing culture and working methods.
- You see the big picture and find the most important areas to focus on even in complicated situations.
- You are flexible; can adapt to new teams, domains and ways of working quickly.
- The courage to bring up your own observations and ideas and discuss your own and others’ ideas constructively.
- Good communication skills. Fluent English is required, Finnish is a plus.
Next, you might be interested in hearing more about our customer projects. We have +40 on-going projects so we can’t describe them all here, but in your daily work, you could be a part of an agile team as a QA Lead or a Coach to ensure the software is developed with quality and testing in mind. As part of the team, you will have a hands-on approach to testing and you are not afraid to get your hands dirty. For example, the project can be related to B2C media services, financial services in the banking sector or medical technology aiming to create better ways to treat cancer. You can read more about our public references here: References
Our recruitment process:
Our process is lean but thorough. The length of the process is largely depending on you. If you want, we can usually reach a decision in approximately one to two weeks. Here’s the process:
- A culture and value oriented discussion with our people team (and possibly a technical colleague) in which we’ll find out whether VALA would be a home for you where you can feel comfortable, find meaningful work, learn and flourish professionally. Moreover, we want to find out if you would take VALA culture further by joining VALA community work, improving VALA ways of working or mentoring others.
- A coding test or similar for those who will need such skills in their work.
- A second interview with our customer management team to figure out how VALA’s customer projects match your knowledge, wishes and interests.